More Recent History
The Village of Moylegrove grew around agriculture, this is still the main industry today, with dairy, livestock and horticulture.

Billy Richards started Richards Bros. in Moylegrove in the 1920s. It started as a haulage business with a steam driven lorry, carting road building materials. Building workers at Trecwn were transported to and fro daily in 1939. Since then the business has expanded and relocated in Cardigan. Their buses are seen daily in Moylegrove ferrying the children to school. The former depot where Richards Bros. started in Moylegrove is still evident. 


Other industries have evolved as demands have changed. The two smithies and the mill became redundant as motor transport became available, the trades of builder, carpenter plumber and house painter remain in the village, along with artists and craft workers.
Some of the houses in the village are now used as holiday accommodation,  providing local employment.

 
 

In 1972 soon after the Pembrokeshire Coast Path was opened.  a branch of the Coastguards was formed in Moylegrove. 


 
 

On Remembrance Sunday 13th November 1994 the new Memorial Plaque was dedicated. It is sited beside the car park in the centre of Moylegrove and bears the names of three servicemen killed during the First and Second World Wars.

 

 

                 <Previous Page                                                                                                                                                                   Next Page>

Return to Home Page